Red Lion Remote Viewer

DLMUK

Hi,

I have a Red Lion CSMSTRSX which I have setup the remote viewer so that I can view the screens setup on Crimson 3 on my laptop.

The problem is that when I load up the remote viewer on my laptop (Win 7) I can view it but cannot use any of the press buttons - if I click on them it just does nothing. If I plug in to a XP laptop it works fine.

Has anybody had this issue?

Many thanks,

In Crimson 3, under Web Server, have you set the Remote Control to 'Enable All Control ' or 'Enable Soft Keys only'. If so, what happens if you disable the Win7 Firewall on the remote PC: does it work then (this is a quick check to determine if you need to open a port)?

I usually set it to "Enable All Control" but I have tried it with both settings an no joy.

I have disabled windows firewall in public and home networks - I am unable to do disable domains due to admin restrictions.

Is there anything in the list of allowed programs I can change?

The strange thing is that it did work for about 5 minutes when I first plugged it in but has since stopped.

Cheers,

Individual objects can have remote control enabled/disabled, but if it worked for five minutes, I suspect a network or browser issue. I found that Chrome performs better than IE with remote viewer so trying a different browser may help divide the problem.

Individual objects can have remote control enabled/disabled, but if it worked for five minutes, I suspect a network or browser issue. I found that Chrome performs better than IE with remote viewer so trying a different browser may help divide the problem.

Thanks - I tried IE with no joy so I installed firefox with no joy. Installed Chrome and it is working!