QuickPanel Touch Screen program Uploading problem

masterleous

Hi all,

I need some help in uploading of QuickPanel touch screen program to PC.

9" Mono EL QuickPanel is connected to Allen Bradley SLC 5/3 PLC via DH485 port, I am using 1747-UIC (Serial to USB) converter for interfacing purpose. Upon successful connection to RSLinx i can see SLC 5/3 PLC and i am able to go Online, Upload and Downloaad PLC program.

On RSLinx i can see one another node (which should be Touch Screen), but it display like "5 UNRECOGNIZED TCP". I want to UPLOAD touch screen program to Laptop for further editing, but am unable to upload that. I am using Proficy Machine Edition 7.0 version.

At first i created a new project and than added 9" Monochrome QuicPanel as a target, then added new native driver as "AB DH485" and set all parameters as;

COM Port: COM5 (Serial USB Port)
Baudrate: 19200 (As DH485 needs 19200)
Device Des ID: 1 (As SLC 5/3 ID is 1)
Electrical Format: RS422/485 Full Duplex

All these settings are verified from PLC Channel configurations as well. But still unable to UPLOAD touch screen program to Laptop. I stupidely tried other settings as well just to ensure what i am doing wrong like, RS232, Half Duplex, Parity, Device destination ID. All the time i am getting same error 12035.

RSLinx version i used 2.56 and 2.59.

Please guide me how to upload from QuickPanel to Laptop, what i am doing wrong.

One snapshot of RSLinx communication is also attached

Thanks

RSLinx.jpg

I don't think that old EL Quick Panel is compatible with Proficy Machine Edition. I think you will need Quick Designer software to communicate with it. You may even need an older DOS-based software package from Total Control Products for the EL models. I can't remember the name of the software.
RSLinx is only used for Quick Panel to PLC communications. It has nothing to do with transfer of the application file between the PC and the Quick Panel.

Thanks Steve_Bailey for your quick and nice response. Yes i know, that RSLinx is only for Communication link not for transfer. As you advised, i have to use QuickDesigner, i searched for other Total Control Products DOS software, but haven't find that one.

Thank you so much for help, i will try QuickDesigner and will let you know.

I got QuickDesigner trial version. I tried to upload using from touch screen via HMI-CAB-C84/A cable, but have got anything. I figured out that their are one more port called TOOL, which is actually a 8 pin DIN connector and found one document that this TOOL port is a configuration port, i don't have that cable.

Is their a way to upload from touchscreen with HMI-CAB-C84/A using QuickDesigner?

The transfer of project files to and from the old Total Control Products Quick Panels needs the cable with the 8-pin DIN connector. The cable has a built-in circuit that converts between RS232 voltage levels and the TTL level used by the Quick Panel. The GE part number for the transfer cable is HMI-CAB-C49.
The HMI-CAB-C84/A cable is for communications between the Quick Panel and the AB PLC, not for project file transfer.