Allen Bradley 1700P industrial computer/touchscreen

ErikG

I just bought a 1700P and trying to get it setup. My sales guy says you cant use the transfer utility in ME, and that in order to transfer my runtime files from my laptop to the 1700p I need to put the file on a thumb drive and manually move them over. This is a real hassle to do...anyone know of a better way?

Is this a Panelview Plus? Is it on Ethernet? The transfer utility should work. I've done it many times.

Huh. I thought the Transfer Tool used RSLinx Enterprise, so if RSLinx Enterprise is configured and running an Ethernet driver onboard the VersaView PC, it ought to accept a transfer.

I could be wrong; there might be something specific to the PV+ that accepts file transfers.

I figure you can always use FTP or ordinary folder sharing to move files onto the VersaView.