How to make a popup screen in PanelView Plus by PLC ?

wendaiyu

Hi, guys. We have a logix5000 plc and PanelView Plus 1000.

We want to add a function in the PV: when tag5 is ON in plc, the screen5 in PV will show up automatically.

Could you tell us how to configure it in logix5000 and factorytalk view studio?

Thanks a lot.

Hi and welcome to the forum!

This sounds like a student exercise, so I don't want to spoon-feed you the answer.

Look in your Factory talk project under "Global Connections". You'll find one called Remote_Display_Number. You have to assign a PLC tag to this connection. The value of this tag (needs to be an integer) at runtime determines which screen is called. If the value of your tag = 5 and screen5's display number is 5 (set in Display properties) then screen5 will be displayed.

So you have to set your display properties of each screen you want remotely called.
You also need to program in your plc so that when tag5 is on, your new display tag =5.
Another thing to consider is do you still want to have display navigation when tag5 is on. If so, then you can't hold your display tag = 5 continuously. If you do, then any screen navigation attempted from the panel will be over-ridden by the remote display number.
HINT: Clearing your display tag doesn't change the screen selection, it just returns control to the operator.

Got it. Thanks a lot. The configuration is not too tough, but we spent more time on how to find the screen no.. At last, we figure it out that go to ”Edit” -> “Display Settings” -> “Display Number”.

We read the document on website. For “Login” button and function, it looks like: you have to log in first, than you can go to screen XX with code Y.
Can we make it happen: after you press go to screen XX button, the login function works. Then you need to input user name and password?

Thanks again.

Got it. Thanks a lot. The configuration is not too tough, but we spent more time on how to find the screen no.. At last, we figure it out that go to ”Edit” -> “Display Settings” -> “Display Number”.

We read the document on website. For “Login” button and function, it looks like: you have to log in first, than you can go to screen XX with code Y.
Can we make it happen: after you press go to screen XX button, the login function works. Then you need to input user name and password?

Thanks again.

Yes, that is certainly one way to do it. Although typically you would put your login button on the main (unprotected) screen and then once user logs in with proper credentials, then make the goto button for protected screen visible. To hide the button for default user, go into animation - - > visibility and under the expression enter "CurrentUserHasCode(x)" (no quotes).

This is how I've typically seen and done this, but if you were so inclined then you could press a button, have it take you to another screen that contained your login & logout buttons.
You could have the button press set a tag in PLC that remotely calls your pv display like we discussed earlier, but in most cases this is unnecessarily cumbersome. Much easier to just "goto" navigation buttons. I usually only use Remote Display Number for event-driven screen changes, such as alarms.

The security is sort of involved on the new panelview.
On the main display page, I use an analog entry box for the calibration dept and another one for the maintenance depart.
The analog entry is monitored by the PLC and when it is correct (PLC EQUAL command, comparing the entered number to a constant) the plc calls the display number, then clears the analog entry.

Last edited: