Anyone See this: Wonderware Intouch Machine Edition...

Paullys50

Lifetime Supporting Member
http://software.invensys.com/produc...-supervisory-control/intouch-machine-edition/

While I commend them for addressing this "gap" in their product portfolio, I'll be curious to see how neutered it is, and if it is built on "InTouch" or if they are just recycling the name and it's built on a new modern platform. I'll assume it's a Scheinder Electric product, re-badged as "InTouch Machine Edition".

Personally, I'll avoid Wonderware at all costs, but it will be interesting to see what this product actually is. I'm sure we'll be getting a visit from our WW rep shortly.

My guess is a rebrand of InTouch. With embedded graphics and etc. with Archestra these days, I assumed this would happen with InTouch and become the water down / cheaper / alternate version.

Anyone have any experience with this product?

I have an application coming up where I may need to spec a panel PC with light weight SCADA instead of a HMI to gain more functionality, mainly logging and reporting.

Apparently InTouch Machine Edition is just a rebadged version of Indusoft Web Studio that can only have up to 3000 tags and runs only on embedded operating systems. Correct me if I'm wrong?

I am quite familiar with normal InTouch and am a little hesitant learning a new product and design environment although the cost savings are significant which is a factor for this application we are working on.

I am also intrigued as to it's functionality as a lot of our work lately seems to fall around this level of needing something more powerful than a HMI but not a full blown SCADA package.

Appreciate any comments.

Hello,

I have an application coming up where I may need to spec a panel PC with light weight SCADA instead of a HMI to gain more functionality, mainly logging and reporting.

Appreciate any comments.

The line between SCADA and HMI has become very blurred over the years. For example, PeakHMI has logging and reporting.

Hello,

The line between SCADA and HMI has become very blurred over the years. For example, PeakHMI has logging and reporting.

The problem is the logging done by PeakHMI is to a *.csv file.
These can be edited, so not acceptable by most requirements. The history files should be "sealed", or unable to edit.

Hello,

The problem is the logging done by PeakHMI is to a *.csv file.

That is not true.

You can log to a *.csv/tab/etc. file if you want or you can log to any database via ODBC.

PeakHMI has many logging options.