replace plc2

juad

hi
we want to replace AB PLC2/16 with AB PLC5/15 in the same rack and same I/O (because our plc2 soft ware is damaged) using 6203 plc5 software packadge(under dos) for communication ,is there any way to update the ladder diagram from plc2 to plc5 code in stade of rewrite it step by step as I did it before for another machines ( it take along time).
thanks.

There is a software package for converting PLC2 to PLC5:
The PLC-2/1774 PLC to PLC-5 A.I. Series Conversion Utility is Rockwell Software Cat. No. 9313-L5225D (DOS).
If you dont want to purchase it, then maybe you can try to contact someone who has it allready.
edit: I mean you can try and get that someone to do the conversion for you.

There is THIS technote about PLC2 to PLC5 conversion.

Last edited:
I recommend doing the conversion as Jesper said. In addition, before you commission the machine you should PLC-5ise the code.

This means:
* divide it up into subroutines
* fix the comparsion logic to use the PLC-5 greater than instructions (the PLC-2 only had Less than and Equal instructions)
* combine rungs by taking advantage of the PLC-5 rung structure (ie. multiple outputs)

There's lots more you can do to clean up the code and if you've got sequencers and File to Word/Word to File and other similar instructions in you PLC-2 you should opt to re-write those too using indirect addressing.

Good Luck,

(8{)} ( .)