RSLogix 5000 STOD

unsaint32

So, in the example below, why is the first two numbers after the $ symbol considered control characters? I would think they should be converted to 06324.

STOD.jpg

The $06 is RSLogix5000 way of showing the control character ACK (06 hex). It is not a number therefore it is skipped by the STOD function. This is similar to the $r at the end which indicates the Carriage Return control character. Look at the tag MV_msg in the tag table. Look at the individual characters as decimal if you need convincing.

Last edited:
How do you input the Carriage return, Line Feed, Control-z using rslogix500? I have a demo file that in the ST file there are "Caret M" and Caret J" I know this is a "Carriage Return & Line Feed" but I do I insert into my data string, using keyboard?