GPS input into Red Lion controller

The data sheet you have given is for the USB version of a GPS sensor not RS232, so you can't use that one. The RS232 version needs 4.5 to 6.5 volt supply which is a bit of a pain in a 24Vd.c. controls world. So those problems aside, yes you can just analyse the string as it comes in. I can't see that it says which NMEA 0183 sentence it gives out, see here for the differences:
http://www.gpsinformation.org/dale/nmea.htm

Personally I use a Garmin GPS16x HVS sensor, mostly because it takes a 24Vd.c. supply.

Similar Topics

Hi! i need to connect a mushrom GPS antenna nmea0183 to my wago PFC-200 is there someone who has some best practice methood to do this?do i need...
Replies
Views
Greetings to All, In our project, we have SCADAPack 357 and it to be interface with GPS via Serial Communication RS 232. So I need to know how to...
Replies
Views
Please tell how data is transferring from GPS smart anttenna with PLC(Allen bradley1769 Compactlogix L32E controller) and I/O's Mapping...
Replies
Views
Greetings, Im looking to implement getting GPS coordinates into my Micrologix 1500. I'm using LRP CPU's and have 1 spare RS232 connection...
Replies
Views
I have a two part question regarding reading serial information. I am looking to implement a GPS antenna into my control system using something...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom