RSView alarm acknowledge

ashley

How can I acknowledge alarms on multiple operator stations running RSView by pressing the Alarm Acknowledge button on any one operator station?

If you use the internal RSView built-in acknowledge button, then I don't know of any way to make sure that both RSView stations "see" the acknowledge. Here is what I do:

Create an internal relay bit in your PLC program for "Alarm Acknowledge". Put an Acknowledge button on each RSView screen that is tagged to this PLC bit. Any and every RSView screen can read and wirte to a PLC bit. This is not true of the RSView internal acknowledge, as far as I know. Maybe somebody knows of a way. There probably is one, if a person wanted to spend enough time to track it down. In the meantime, I've got to work on the next project....

What you're asking for (and many others before you) is "global alarm acknowledge", and RSView doesn't have it.

What Lancie has described will function as a trigger for an 'AcknowledgeAll' command. But if you want to acknowledge alarms individually, you will need to get a lot more clever.

I think the preferred way to get this functionality is to use the RSView RAD client/server system. The clients access a common database on the server which also does comms to the PLC(s).