SLC 5/04 to SLC 5/05

pilkingtonk

Currently I have on cabinet with a SLC 504 and one with a 505, and I want to swap them. The one using the 504 will be having more Ethernet communications and the one with the 505 will only have 2.

What issues would I encounter with doing this? I am hoping it is as easy as swapping the processor and reloading the program. I heard the MSG instructions might need to be redone, but is that it?

Currently I have on cabinet with a SLC 504 and one with a 505, and I want to swap them. The one using the 504 will be having more Ethernet communications and the one with the 505 will only have 2.

What issues would I encounter with doing this? I am hoping it is as easy as swapping the processor and reloading the program. I heard the MSG instructions might need to be redone, but is that it?

How is Ethernet messaging occurring with the SLC 5/04?

is there a NET-ENI module connected to the DF1 port, or is there a Ethernet to DH+ gateway on your network?