SC22-3E Ethernet Problem

Bbarnett

I have an SC22-3E safety controller from Banner. I can't connect it to my network... Ethernet/IP.

IP Address: 192.168.1.6
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway not configured.

Everything else on the network replies from a ping command.

I am connecting it to the network with a straight through ethernet cable. Is this the problem? It says in the manual:

The SC22-3E supports use of either standard or crossover-style cables

I was assuming 'standard' means 'straight through' but this may not be the case?

Bbarnett,

I am using the several of the same safety controller over ethernet.

Are they connected to a managed switch which is divided in two or more sub-networks (Not sure what the correct term to call it, all devices are in the same IP range but they can be forbidden to talk to other devices on the same network?

I have a managed switch where ports 1-16 are assigned to certain devices and 17-24 are assigned to others. If you laptop is connected in any of ports 1-16, you will not be able to ping 17-24.

Thanks for the reply, Jothiswarup. I have everything connected to a Moxa 508a switch. The switch's settings are such that any IP address is allowed.

Connecting directly from laptop to safety controller, I still can't ping it.