Flashing LED Lights With PLC

Tim Ganz

If I have some LED andon lights that are steady is it normally ok to use PLC logic to flash them? It's a red light that needs to be solid when machine is off but flashing when there is an alarm.

Is it ok to use the steady module and flash it when needed? I ask because rockwell has a flashing model also.

I have done this before with the incandescent type but I did not know if it may damage the LED type?

I do it all the time, even with relay outputs.
I guess the relays will eventually give up, but I haven't seen it yet with a simple LED light.

Similar Topics

Hello. This is for motion experts, and EtherNet/IP and DeviceNet system integrators. I am more into communication and I sometimes need to advice...
Replies
Views
After leaving a bench chassis powered on for 2 weeks nothing connected to it besides, 24VDC on controller MOD/SA power, the next time I checked...
Replies
Views
I have a CompactLogix 1769-L18ER-BB1B that was power cycled a few times and had a mechanic pull the memory card with power on and re-insert it. At...
Replies
Views
I have a 1756 L62 ControlLogix5562 controller I cannot connect to via ethernet. Get RSLinx cannot communicate message. Verision 19. It has a...
Replies
Views
Hello, Before i reach out to local supplier, figured I'd ask here regarding this issue. Right out of box, the controller had a solid red SD LED...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom