adding new screen to pv550

muds

hi all ,,,
iam new at pv550 2711-b5a5 programming,,what i want to do is,,to add new screen to my pannelview and call it from my prograaming.
can any one guide how i add screen and called that screen from any input.

thanks in advance,,!

To add a new screen to your PV project just right click on "screen" in the project tree and double click on new.

To control the screen number thru the PLC see picture below on how to use the Control Tags for screen control.

screencontrol.jpg

hi mickey and all,,!

i tried ur way but not know how i can cal lnew screen from allen bredly programe? can anyone guide how i get screen adress of pannel builder and call that from input,,

thnks in adavnce

hi mickey and all,,!

i tried ur way but not know how i can cal lnew screen from allen bredly programe? can anyone guide how i get screen adress of pannel builder and call that from input,,

thnks in adavnce

Your new screen will have a number next to it, in my post above screen #1 ( Alarms). Create a tag ( see my post number 2) polling an integer within your PLC, by putting a value of 1 in that register the PV will poll that register and call up screen 1. You will have to put a zero in that register to release control back to an operator so he/she can change screens manually again.

Last edited:
several questions for you.

#1 what is the firmware / series of the panelview you have.

#2 what is the panelview programming software you have?
part number and version.

#3 what is the plc you are trying to connect to?

#4 what is the plc programming software you have.

#5 what interface cables do you have for the panelview and plc?

this will help us with your solution.

regards,
james

hi mickey and james

i am bit late to reply but many thanks for your supporting reply,,,mickey your reply always lead me to completion of job...!

task compleated,,,cheers mickey and james:beerchug: and :site:

regards
muds

Last edited:
dear mickey and all,,!
i had come through this error when programming pannelview550 cat-2711-b5a5 ser-E Rev-a Frn-2.01
cat-2711-b5a5 ser-E Rev-a Frn-2.01
cat-2711-b5a5 ser-D Rev-b Frn-1.07
no error accured when programming cat-2711-b5a5 ser-E Rev-B Frn-2.01

so ,,sir what differnce in those given pannelview's 550. is there any way to decrese size of programme file or what i am doing wrong. or any other way,,!

please guide me,,pic attaced of error

thanks in advance
muds

pc1.jpg

Last edited:
Before you tried to download the program did you change the catalog & revision numbers?

You probably would have gotten the error about memory usage when you changed the cat number.

The only thing I can think of for reducing memory size is to cut down on graphics in your screens if possible.

catalogrev.png

Version 1.07 was the very first release of the PanelView 550.

It was, at the time, very popular. But it had a smaller memory size, which RA increased a few years later.

You'll find that any version 1.07 firmware PanelView 550 will forever be at 1.07; they do not have enough memory to be upgraded.

It was possible to configure PanelBuilder32 to remove some of the information from the project to reduce the project size. This has the side-effect of making the application file non-uploadable.

But that was in 1995, and it involved using version 2.60 of PanelBuilder32.

I recommend removing any unused text or graphics from the application, or getting a v2.x or newer terminal.

If you want to try to use the very old software method, it's described in the RA Knowledgebase:

https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14431