Basic FactoryTalk View Studio Question

ntharrison

I just have a quick question that I couldn't seem to find an answer to on google. I'm working on some screens for a customer that were originally developed in V7.0 of FactoryTalk View Studio. Does anyone know of a way I could get these opened in V5.1 of the software for editing?

Try making a runtime and change its target version to 5.1. Then restore the runtime on the 5.1 machine using the application manager

It may have helped to specify that I'm working with site edition. I may be wrong, but I believe your suggestion is only applicable for machine edition?

It may have helped to specify that I'm working with site edition. I may be wrong, but I believe your suggestion is only applicable for machine edition?

You are correct, I did some assuming on my part (shame on me!). You'll have to wait for the experts, I'm unfamiliar with SE.

FactoryTalk View, like Time itself, only progresses in the forward direction.

It is not possible to edit a FactoryTalk View SE 7.0 system using FactoryTalk View SE 5.10 software.

When I was still working with FactoryTalk View SE, I created a VM with only the specific version and patches that each customer was using.

It might be possible to export and import individual *.GFX files (which define each Display) but I would not be surprised if you ran into bugs or problems when attempting to go between major versions.

If your customer has FactoryTalk View SE 7.0, you should be using the same version to perform work for him.