Hilscher NL50-MPI & Simotion Scout?

dskohio

Does anyone have experience with the Hilsher NL50-MPI Ethernet to Profibus adapter with Simotion Scout?

I am using VMWare to run Windows XP with Simatic Manager V5.4 SP2 and Simotion Scout V 4.1.2.4. I haven't had any problems with this setup communicating to S7-400 PLCs.

I recently have had to try to connect to a S7-315T Technology Controller, and have had probems. I can download the PLC side, and monitor blocks without an issue. In accessible nodes, the connected hardware is displayed. Where I have problems is when I try to download the Technology Objects through Simotion Scout. I can go online in Scout, and the Technology is shown as ONLINE. When I try to download, the software hangs, and gives not error messages. If I wait long enough (several minutes), I will get a pop-up saying that the Technology has gone OFFLINE.

I have tried everything I can think of. Contacting Siemens has been no help due to the third party adapter, and I am awaiting a reply from Hilscher. I would be greatful for any help or suggestions.

Not sure this has anything to do wwith what you have experienced but have you enabled "routing" in the Simotion unit (or CU)?
Other option I can come up with is to put the unit in "Stop" and then try to update the TOs.
I haven't had any experience with the Hilscher units.

Yes, I have routing enabled in the Netpro configuration for the PG.

Hilscher's reply was to update the driver for the adapter. I installed the new drive, and now the unit immediately gives connection not available for the Technology.

I can still download blocks and system configuration, and monitor online in the the Step 7 PLC side. Scout is the only thing I am having a problem with.