AB CCW and Micro810 LCD

ScooterKrunch

I'm new to the newest line of PLC's from AB but I have done some PLC programming in the past. I just started a very small, very basic project with a Micro810 and had a program running in short time. I want to expand on that project now. In the function block I have a timer that I would like to make adjustable in the field with the LCD display (screenshot). Can this be done easily? If the PLC was setup initially with the LCD, the timer changes to T#2s and then the LCD was removed for day to day operation will it cause the PLC to fault?

Capture.jpg

I do not believe it would cause the PLC to fault... I imagine the Panelview without the PLC would display a lot of "error" s, but not the other way around... offhand, I am not sure whether the "edited" settings would be retained through a power cycle... you better check on that

start looking at about page 62 to see how to address the variables in the logic to the Panelview
I was not able to program the panelview in the CCW software, but was able to use the software that comes built into the panelview... I gotta say, after all the fooling around I've had to do with Factory Talk, I found the built in software to be very nice. Some (most?) of our applications don't need to be a big elaborate hoo haw.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CB0QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fliterature.rockwellautomation.com%2Fidc%2Fgroups%2Fliterature%2Fdocuments%2Fqr%2F2080-qr002_-en-p.pdf&ei=Kz-zU6-mPMa0yASR1YDQAw&usg=AFQjCNHcNVq2PHd_KKkqciigrvm-jYfYLA&sig2=wOEP4h_j7y74jTU3F0Qu-g&bvm=bv.70138588,d.aWw

Last edited: