USB to Serial adapater

DLMUK

Hi,

I currently have a USB GPS receiver which I need to get communicating with a Red Lion device.

I have found loads of convertors to convert RS232 to a USB. But is anyone aware of a convertor which will convert USB to RS232?

Thanks

An RS-232-to-RS-485 converter is a stand-alone device, it needs no drivers to function.

The USB/RS-232 converter that I use on my laptop needs to install a Windows driver for it to work.

I suspect that the issue is getting whatever USB/RS-232 converter to work with a GPS device or whatever the RedLion device is, when one can't load a driver.

I haven't looked for stand-alone (driverless) USB/RS-232 converters, but if I were looking, I'd contact B&B Electronics in Illinois because they specialize in serial communications and they answer their phones.