ArchestrA-Graphic as automatic Popup

user173

Hi,

in an Application-Server-Application, I want to automatically open a ArchestrA-graphic. I have built an element that runs a script when changing a bit. In the element is also a graphic. In the script, I use the "ShowGraphic" statement to display my graphic. I have created and deployed an Instance, but
it does not work, my graphic pops not up, if the bit changes. If I execute the same skript with a button, my graphic pops up.
Does anyone know what could be the problem?
Works "ShowGraphic" not in automated scripts, only with an On-Click-Event?

Thanks for any help!

Im sure this wont work. You need to consider that this command is made for the Display side of things and must be executed in windowviewer,so Archestra graphics.

I have never seen anybody do it in a Script within the object. I would create a graphic, do the script on the graphic and then embed the graphics within your view application inside windowmaker or another archestra graphic that is embedded in windowmaker.

The Flag in the PLC represents an important alarm. I wanted to show a Popup with a message as a reaction to "Flag=True".

Yes but you must do it in a graphic script and not in a object script. Go to the graphics Tab create a graphic and embed that graphic on your HMI page

If i do so, then it only works, if the window is opened, where the grafic is embedded, or not? I want, that my window pops up, regardles of which other window is opened.

Depending on what your application design look like you will either do it in a ArchestrA graphic builder or Intouch Windowmaker without knowing your exact details it is very hard for me to guide you in the right direction. I would do a condition script in intouch windowmaker using the Show() function.

You can embed the graphic onto an intouch window and then call it up using intouch script. There is also a way to bind the window using dynamic referencing. This uses a place holder and you dynamically change the window reference based on an object reference. The second way it a bit trickier but once you understand it it makes using different templates alot easier.

Ok, thanks for your help. I'll think about how I'll do it. Because we have only ArchestrA-graphics (InTouch is only for showing the graphics) I thought, I can do it with ArchestrA. If that's not possible, I must do it with InTouch.