Talking to the Logix5000 family of controllers via PC/Ethernet

Epy

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi all,

I found this old thread: http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/archive/index.php/t-19056.html

but was wondering if anything new has turned up in the past 9 years.

Simply put, I'd like to grab information from any of the Logix5000 family via PC over Ethernet using a library of some sort. Programming language or platform doesn't matter so much as cost. We don't have $2000 to spend on a library, we'll go Modbus TCP/IP before that happens.

Anyway, TIA.

Ingear also has (for the fellow or madam who only wishes to do one PC system) a $300 version:

Design, test, debug and run Windows programs, system services, console applications and more on a single machine. Ideal for the developer that needs to leave their customer with a licensed copy with their project source. - See more at: http://www.ingeardrivers.com/netlogix/netlogix.htm#sthash.8ueBAsrp.dpuf

AdvancedHMI includes drivers similar to Ingear at no cost. The AdvancedHMI drivers are designed to be easier to use for the first time developer, but yet still has the features to do advanced tasks.