Profibus connector male/female

blima

Hello World!

I have a project to apply on a machine with a remote Siemens I/O connected by PROFIBUS to main PLC. Sometimes the operator has to take out part of the machine where that remote unit is. Is there any type of female/male PROFIBUS connector that I can use so that when needed, the person can take out that part of the machine and unplug the PROFIBUS cable. It should be mounted on the panel, to have easier access to it.

I know that Siemens does not have this type of connector. Any other manufacturer has it?

Regards,
Bruno

You might want to think about using a Profibus repeater for this function. It will split the Profibus network into 2 or more segments, that can unplugged seperately. The main part of the machine can be the main segment, and the part of the machine that is sometimes removed can be placed in the new segment. All of the IO would still appear to the Master PLC like normal. If you get a Diagnostic repeater, then it will also add useful diagnostics like telling you how far down the line the cable is broken.

This means that you don't need to worry about bus termination when the devices are removed. An improperly terminated bus can play havoc on an RS485 network like Profibus.

I know Siemens has these, others may as well. It may be more money up front, but you can avoid a lot of hassles later on.

Thanks for the input! I should had mentioned that they only disconnect that part of the machine with power OFF and they do not turn it ON. Only after all the things are done.

Regards,
Bruno