Analog data to CLICK PLC

rguimond

Lifetime Supporting Member
I'm reading Modbus data over TCP from a remote I/O device with an HMI. i'm reading it into an UNSIGNED INTEGER tag

Modbus 40001 = Input 1
Modbus 40002 = Input 2, etc.

Values can be anywhere from 0 to 65535

Once read to the HMI, I'm sending the same values to a CLICK PLC for conversion to degrees.

My questions are:

Am I using the HMI data type to read the values from the remote I/O device?
What CLICK data type should I send the values to?

I'm getting negative values dislayed and I'm stumped at finding a solution. I generally only use AB PLCs

My guess is that the Click's single integer does not support 0-65535.
Most PLC's use the MSB as a sign bit. Limiting the range to -32768 to 32767.

I am not familiar with a Click so don't know if you can move the value to a double word or not. Or maybe rescale the value in your remote device or HMI.

clicknumbers.png

Last edited:
I think I have a solution:

I'll move the value from the remote I/O into an unsigned integer value within the HMI, then write it to a DS value.

If the value is >=0, I'll COPy the value to a DD or DF memory address
If the value is <0, I'll subtract the value in DS from 32767 and store in to the same DD of DF memory address.

Should work.