Powerflex 40 troubles

PLC Pie Guy

Hey all.
Just a quick question to see if anybody may have seen this before. I have a 10 HP PWRFLX 40 running a fan motor. Simple set up. Analog 0 to 10VDC from a Micrologix. The drive is seeing the speed reference but fails to output the desired speed. This is the case. The speed command is at 40 HZ. The drive can see and display this no problem. The drive output HZ is at 5 HZ. The amperage is at full load amps but the motor is very slowly turning. I am thinking drive is bad. Anybody second this motion?

Thanks

Check your motor, and wiring between the drive and the motor. You are likely single phasing (or have one phase with very high resistance). We had a very similar problem with a pf400 a couple of days ago. If you have a local disconnect for the motor, open it and try to run the drive, if it comes up to speed then you have a motor/wiring problem. (We found our problem in the local disconnect, one of the phases burnt up).

After Checking for bad connections and replacing the drive I discovered it was the motor. It passes a megger test but not with great results. Replaced the motor, all good now.

Thanks