Panel Plus Not Visible in RsLinx

Nelliyan

Hi all,

I was able to ping my panel plus 600 & ML1400 from my PC(Win 7)

But in the Rs linx( V5.29) Ethernet Device it shows the Panel View IP as unrecognized device with not available symbol where the ML1400 was visible.

If available then unrecognized means we can update the eds file..

What to do about thiso_Oo_Oo_Oo_O. How to make the panel available in the linx:unsure::unsure:

Regards,
Nelliyan.G

Linx.jpg

It doesn't matter.

The only software that needs to recognize the PanelView Plus is RSLinx Enterprise, which will support the PV+ if the FactoryTalk View Studio that it is packaged with also supports the PV+.

RSLinx Enterprise is the communication driver set embedded in the PV+ and integrated with FactoryTalk View Studio.

RSLinx Classic, which your screenshot pictures, is convenient for browsing networks, but it has nothing to do with the PV+.

I created the application file (.mer) & tried using the transfer utility to transfer the applicaition...

In the View me--- Rslinx enterprise ---- Ethernet Node ----- I created a panel 600 with its ip configured...

During the transfer of program in transfer utility --- Download

i am getting an error as invalid device... What else to be checked

The red X with the yellow question mark in RSLinx Classic indicates that the device isn't responding at all to the RSLinx Browse.

Are you absolutely certain that you have give the PV+ the correct IP address and that there are no address conflicts ?

Try opening the PV+ IP address in a Web browser, or using TCPING (www.elifulkerson.com) to ping TCP Port 44818.