Factory View can't see offline tags

amberman

I'm unable to see the offline tags of my PLC program via the FactoryTalk Tag Browser..

From Google searches I can see this one has reared its head a few times but I'm missing something more fundamental than the solutions I've found. I'm not familiar with FactoryTalk View and have so far only commissioned equipment and not written anything from scratch.

The problem seems to be that I can't save the location of the offline tag file that I've chosen in the Communication Setup. There's no "Apply" as the Help says there should be and when I click OK it just closes the box and I find that nothing is there when I re-open it. Any ideas or is there an idiots guide to setting up an offline link to the PLC software?

Once you have chosen the file the 'Apply' next to the link name in the upper left should be enabled. If you see that click it then choose 'OK' at the bottom.

Once you have chosen the file the 'Apply' next to the link name in the upper left should be enabled. If you see that click it then choose 'OK' at the bottom.

I choose the file, click Open, it appears in "Offline Tag File" but the Apply at the top left stays greyed out.

Turns out you have to manually add a processor to the Runtime (Target) Ethernet tree and the offline tags must be on a local drive.