PLC network cable

ttran

Sorry, forgot to post my name
This is a bit off subject, but does anyone know if there is a switch that supports shielded twisted pair cabling? We are networking some PLCs, and we found a switch, the Cisco Catalyst 1900 series switch, but in the specs, it states that it uses UTP, but in the factory/plant, we need shielded because of the noise. Any suggestions?

Our systems were designed with a normal 'auto' mode and a 'semi-auto' mode. Part of the hardware to effect this is some T-bar relays which switch from computer control to local operator keypad control. I seem to remember these are 8-pole reed contact types switching four twisted pairs. Google link: t-bar relay

Similar Topics

Good morning fellow sea captains and wizards, I am being asked to do the above and obtain 4 values from each slave, I know about the MRX and MWX...
Replies
Views
Hello All, IÂ’m starting a new project where the plc is connected throught LAN with external software which write some data on PLC db, obviously...
Replies
Views
My customer wants me to set up their industrial computer hmi running factory talk view se client in the following way. They want to use a single...
Replies
Views
Hello, folks. Looking for suggestions on network layout. I'm designing 3 stations with 6 pieces of conveyor on each. They are part of the same...
Replies
Views
Has anyone ever encountered an issue where PLC's seem to lose connectivity momentarily, as well as all ethernet VFD's in different areas across...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom