1394 Digital AC Multi-Axis Motion Control System

Tugo

hello all, does anyone know how to download / upload the parameter of 1394 motion control system?
what is the software to use?;)

GML Commander in most cases. Older systems may require older versions of GML from Allen Bradley. If I am not mistaken, you can download GML Commander 4.03 I believe was the latest, and it should support any 1394 system.

You will not be able to upload a graphical diagram. You must have the source code .gml file in order be able to upload all of the values and other system and axis settings and have a fully functional gml diagram.

For the sole purposes of cloning or making a backup, you can upload the script file (in addition to axis settings, system settings and variables saved separately). When you download a GML diagram to a 1394 or S-Class, the logic, the code portion of the download is translated to a script language.

It is painstakingly possible to decode the script language and recreate a functionally identical GML diagram if you really want or need to do it, and if you learn how the scripting works, it is possible to just edit the script directly in order to make some changes.

Thanks for ur reply okiepc, do u hv any idea on what type of cable needed for upload / download ?

Good evening,
I'm new in the forum so I hope to get it right to re-open a topic. I apologize now for my English.
I drive a 1394 to what has been discussed above, I read the various guides to make a backup of all configurations with GML 4:03, in essence I have to go online and then upload, you can kindly correct me if I'm wrong. My problem is that under the drive I find no RS232 9-pin, but only a mini dim 8-pin and do not understand is that if the serial that I have to connect or if I'm wrong somewhere.
Waiting for an answer thank you for availability :)

Good evening,
I'm new in the forum so I hope to get it right to re-open a topic. I apologize now for my English.
I drive a 1394 to what has been discussed above, I read the various guides to make a backup of all configurations with GML 4:03, in essence I have to go online and then upload, you can kindly correct me if I'm wrong. My problem is that under the drive I find no RS232 9-pin, but only a mini dim 8-pin and do not understand is that if the serial that I have to connect or if I'm wrong somewhere.
Waiting for an answer thank you for availability :)

What is the part number of your 1394 system as I cannot recall one that has the 8 pin mini din plug.

Alan

Last edited: