Connecting RSLogix 5000 with Intouch

meghnesh

Hi.
I am completely new to Intouch and Logix5000

I want to connect and Simulate RS Logix5000 with Intouch.
What drivers I need to configure in RSLinkx ?

Can anyone please guide me through.

Thanks in advance.
Regards.
Meghnesh

1. Start RSEmulate 5000.
2. Create controller in appropriate slot.
3. Open RSLinx and create a new Virtual Backplane.
4. You should now be able to see your emulator in RSWho.
5. On the menu bar in RSLinx, click on DDE/OPC and click Topic Configuration.
6. Click the New button on the bottom left. It defaults to NEW_TOPIC, but you can rename it whatever you like. This will be the topic you set up in the Intouch access name.
7. In the right hand pane of DDE/OPC topic configuration, browse to and select your emulator.
8. Click the Apply button at the bottom, then the Done button
9. Download your project to the emulator using RSLogix 5000.
10. Configure your Intouch access name. The application name is RSLinx, the topic name as described in #6. Use DDE protocol.

You can use DDE/OPC menu for several different options for troubleshooting and monitoring traffic between Intouch and RSLinx.

1. Start RSEmulate 5000.
2. Create controller in appropriate slot.
3. Open RSLinx and create a new Virtual Backplane.
4. You should now be able to see your emulator in RSWho.
5. On the menu bar in RSLinx, click on DDE/OPC and click Topic Configuration.
6. Click the New button on the bottom left. It defaults to NEW_TOPIC, but you can rename it whatever you like. This will be the topic you set up in the Intouch access name.
7. In the right hand pane of DDE/OPC topic configuration, browse to and select your emulator.
8. Click the Apply button at the bottom, then the Done button
9. Download your project to the emulator using RSLogix 5000.
10. Configure your Intouch access name. The application name is RSLinx, the topic name as described in #6. Use DDE protocol.

You can use DDE/OPC menu for several different options for troubleshooting and monitoring traffic between Intouch and RSLinx.

Hi FluxCap

I carried out the process as you instructed.
Worked perfectly so far.
I am now proceeding ahead

I wanted to create-
Analog Tags and Digital Tags in PLC and simulate it and monitor/control the same from Intouch.
So what shall the Address, Address Syntax be for Integer & Discrete-DI-DO in RSLogix ?
Also how the same corresponding Tags of PLC shall be addressed in Intouch ??
i.e Addressing Syntax in Intouch

Please guide

Wow, megnesh. I just noticed that there was a private message in my in box. I apologize for not replying to your question. Are you still working on this?

Fluxcap