InTouch Security

Reign

I am new to Wonderware and need help on what is probably a very simple problem.

In my InTouch I'm trying to add new operators, I went to the special menu, security then configure users. I put in username and passwords and set access levels that match the others.

My problem is after I add them, they are not able to logon at terminals. I have even tried clicking "deploy" on the server and restarting the terminals. What am I missing or doing wrong ?

Seems you are using app server with intouch? When you say you "deployed" the platforms, I assume so. Security with app server is configured within the IDE. InTouch security must be selected for arechstra security. There is no need to redeploy when making security changes.

That would be the basics, everything else will depend on your configuration and security model and will need to know more details to help.

When I get into ArchestrA IDE, there is InTouchViewApp which has client and server. I can open either client or server, which brings up InTouch WindowsMaker. From there I can go to the special menu - security - select security type - InTouch, then I can login and add usernames and passwords. If i try selecting ArchestrA for security type all the options are grayed out. Is this on the right track ?

It is greyed out because it is inherited in later versions of intouch (it knows its a managed application) that use archestra, earlier versions you had to specify.

The security config is in the IDE itself, not intouch, under File->Configure->Security.

I get an error that says "cannot configure security since templates or instances are currently checked out".

I noticed if i right click on the intouch server or client there is a option to "check in". Do i just need to check them in first? Sorry for asking, just didnt try it because its in production and cant really afford to make an oops.

Reign, your welcome.

I didn't see your last post until this morning. If you got it great. But the answer to your question for anyone else is yes all objects need to be checked in to make changes to the security model.

I also want to mention that WW provides 2 IMO great classes for archestra, system platform I & II. I don't think they are still called that, but ask your local WW rep and they will know what you are looking for. The classes may be on the expensive side, but well worth it again IMO.

Last edited: