Can PLC writes to notepad/msoffice?

apolionman

Hello Guys, I am wondering if it is possible that PLC can write words or text to the Notepad?

for example in my system every time the PLC gets some error or trouble it will automatically write the date & time & what trouble occur.

If possible can you please tell me how? :)

Thanks a lot Guys, plctalk forums helps me a lot in my preivous projects.

🍻 🍻

there are hundreds of ways to do this...google is your friend.
you could use rslinx(not lite) to DDE or OPC over to excel
you could write a vb,c,java or python app to do the work
or you could spend a few $$ on kepware or opclogger

For combustion tuning boilers I wrote an Excel spreadsheet that pulls data from CompactLogix and ControlLogix PLC's using DDE.

I love it and use it quite a bit, you connect with RSLogix5000 using RSLinx Classic and enter (in spreadsheet) the tag names you want to pull out of the PLC, then close RSLogix5000 and leave RSLinx running. Then enter (in spreadsheet) the name of the PLC and when you are ready for the data you click the enter button. Data will populate (up to 40 tags I believe) in the column next to the tag name and description. When you click again the next column will populate and so on up to 20 columns.

Directions for setting up RSLinx to do this are in the RSLinx manual. It is a good idea to write it with VBA so you will not have code in the cells that pull the data. (first get something working then convert to VBA)

I would gladly give you the spreadsheet I made (I do not want anything for this) if the forum will allow me. I am not sure about Word or other office programs.

I highly recommend the WAGO 750-88x. We do this all the time with the Wago sending log data directly to SQL. The nicest part about it is that you can easily set it up to be a slave to a MBTCP or EthernetIP device and pass data to it that way. If you've got a Siemens-based set-up the WAGO can do Fetch/Write directly from the Siemens.

Feel free to PM me for more details (No, I don't sell WAGO, I'm just a happy user.)

Yosi

Hello guys, by the way I am using Siemens PLC S7-200 & S7-300 , I'm using MPI & PPI for protocol. I want the simplest form of data to be recorded like when conveyor motor trip for example the I0.0 signal to the N/O in Thermal Overload Relay triggered. It will automatically write to the notepad or in excel more like these one.

//I0.0 - Trip @ 10:00AM July 10,2014

something like that.

By the way guys if possible can you send me the spreadsheets,form,Details in my email?
here > [email protected]

THanks a lot Guys.