ML 1500 IP Address Change

rebel02007

I am trying to change the IP addresses on 4 ML 1500 PLC's and was wondering if anyone could instruct me as to how I would accomplish this.

The ML1500 does not have an Ethernet port.

Are you sure its a ML1500? The ML1100 and the ML1400 have Ethernet ports.

Do you have something connected to their serial port? If so, what? (catalog/model number please)

Last edited:
It is a ML 1500 LPR series C. There is an ethernet hub connected through the serial port of the PLC. There is a C-More HMI attached to the Hub. Am I trying to change the IP address to the wrong thing?

It is a ML 1500 LPR series C. There is an ethernet hub connected through the serial port of the PLC. There is a C-More HMI attached to the Hub.

At this point, I think we need part numbers for the cables even if possible. The Ethernet "hub" must be some sort of serial to ethernet converter, so identify that for sure.

The Ethernet/Serial device is probably a 1761-NET-ENI, which has a serial configuration utility available from A-B's website.

http://www.ab.com/linked/programmablecontrol/plc/micrologix/downloads.html

There are a handful of other vendors of Ethernet/Serial devices that might be connected to the MicroLogix, like Digi and LanTronix and Moxa. Those might have a different configuration mechanism.

Sorry for the waste of time everyone. I was instructed to do something from the engineers above me that can't be done. They found the program you have to use to change the Address on the 1761-NET-ENI and downloaded it. Thanks again for the help though.