RIO Retry problem

richxie

Hi Everyone,
I have recently installed FlexI/O module on the end of existing RIO link as last quarter of rack 4. Processor is PLC 5/30. I found after the new module connected to RIO, the number of retries on rack 1 and 4 are growing fast. The line will stop. When I change the RIO link to the original state, there are no retries. Here are a few things I did to correct the problem but without success:
1, Re-run the 60 feet RIO cable from the previous last node to the new one.
2, Installed grounding wire to the new panel.
3, Changed terminating resistors.
4, Tried to connect the new module to different locations on RIO link - this does work when connected in the same panel with previous last rack.
5, Connected shield wire of blue hose to ground.

What else can I do? What went wrong?

Thank you so much.
Rich

If you have 60 feet of cable laying around, use it to connect from the previous last rack with the cable laying on the ground or something.
This is to make sure there are no problems with induced noise in the already installed cable.
If it doesnt work, there might be a problem with the total length of the RIO link.
Either way a possible solution might be to install fiber converters or repeaters.

It won't be easy to run another cable because it has to cross a furnace from top which is very hot. I am not aware of RIO (Allen-Bradley Universal Remote I/O) converter or repeater. Do you have any product that you could recommend? Total length of RIO link is about 200 meters.

Last edited:
AB RIO Line

It once happened with me that the clear & the blue wires are swapped at the last rack, worth checking.

Hagos