PanelView not reading values from SLC 5/05

MartyMaucher

PanelView Plus 400 is set to display the value from tag F8:1 which is there in the PLC and updating. However, the physical PanelView just displays "*****". The value ranges from 0-500, and the display is set to display 5 digits with 1 decimal place.
I'm not sure if the panel is communicating with the PLC.
Any ideas?
Thanks
MM

PLC: SLC 5/05
Display: PanelView Plus 400
Comms: Ethernet: PLC at 172.16.100.33, PanelView at 172.16.100.32

PanelViewDisplayProblem.jpg

Attachments

• UK Research.zip
    48.6 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
As a test expand one of your numeric displays horizontally. I think that's just the 'there's more than I can fit in this space' readout. Possibly lower the font size?

Ok, I got the problem resolved - a couple things I was doing wrong:

In FactoryTalk View Studio, I had picked the tag from an old(?) Tags folder, and not from the connection to the PLC.

On PanelView Plus 400, when it prompts to replace current communication to application settings, say: Yes.​

I'm still learning the whole Allen Bradley environment.
Thanks,
MM