7 segment

sronggot

S
Dear,

Anyone can help me ?

i want to make program plc to active 7 segment. anyone have sample program for this and explain it rto me

thanks a lots

Some PLCs have a "BCD to 7-Segment" instruction. Care to enlighten us on what brand you're using?... :confused:

In the meantime, look at THIS thread for some ideas.

beerchug

-Eric

Sounds like schoolwork. Make 7 truth tables, one per segment. It's a basic assignment, should be fairly easy to solve. I did it with relay logic when I was only fifteen and I'm not a genious (I suppose).

Regards,

Eric,

I could say it was intended to show I was being sarcastic (y) , but I'm afraid it was a genuine error. I apologise a million times for this error, but I have to add to my defense that English is not my native language :confused: .

Anyway, thanks for the remark. It's unfortunately the only way to learn from our errors. And please don't resit in the future, we all can do with a laugh, even at our own expense ;) .

Kind regards,

jvdcande said:
I apologise a million times for this error, but I have to add to my defense that English is not my native language

No need for apologies. English IS my native language, and I probably make a LOT more spelling (and punctuation, grammar, etc.) errors than you... :nodi:

I have been told by some that I spell the words "color" and "catalog" incorrectly... :p

I'm glad you understood that I was only kidding... :)

beerchug

-Eric

English

What I find annoying and disgraceful is the number of 'native English-speaking' posters that can't seem to grasp the differences between:
  • there........their......they're
  • your........you're
  • affect........effect
  • accept.........except
  • then.......than
And "should've" may sound like "should of" when spoken, but is a contraction of "should have".

With such a demonstrably poor understanding of their own language, what confidence can we have in their understanding of any other language - programming languages, for instance?

Gerry,

Add to your list those who would make a noun plural by appending "'s" (apostrophe s).

I expect that in another generation popular usage will have interchanged the plural and possesive. If you don't think it could happen, just look at the number of otherwise intelligent people who have adopted our President's mispronunciation of the word nuclear (noo-kyoo-lar instead of noo-clear).

I fear we're fighting a losing battle, but at least we'll go down defending the grammatical high ground.

I resemble that last post!
I enjoy watching the 3 stooges, too. (nyuk, nyuk)
And I purposely didn't include:
assimilate........disseminate
as that one is particularly rare.

If you don't think it could happen, just look at the number of otherwise intelligent people who have adopted our President's mispronunciation of the word nuclear (noo-kyoo-lar instead of noo-clear).
Yes, we should not 'misunderestimate' the potential for 'nucular' proliferation.

MUTE vs. MOOT (LU2E)

Mute: soundless or quiet, to make quiet.
Moot: debatable or arguable.

NOONE vs. NO ONE

Noone: no such word... although I have seen it as a name.
No one: Not you, not me, not us, not them, nobody.

Damn Eric... what a serendipitous occasion!

(174)

Terry Woods said:
Damn Eric... what a serendipitous occasion!

Yes, Terry. Similar to your recent (###) hints, I would consider it a 'timely' discussion... :D

By the way, depending on context, moot can also mean "of no significance or relevance" as in a moot point... :nodi:

beerchug

-Eric