bsl trouble

reinhart

hello, I have a problem using the bit shift left function on plc-5. I have 5 presses on a line with a walking beam that transfers between each station. each station is controlled by a different plc-5 controller. I have my bsl working properly but when i remove a part from a specific station the station doesn't cycle (which is correct) but the part that is transferred after doesn't cycle either which is not correct. any help would be greatly appreciated

If you simply had a BSL, then removing a part would not be noticed unless some other code is modifying the data that's being shifted. The other code is probably the culprit, likely not one-shotted so that it only affects the data for one scan. Maybe it's not being turned off properly.

Again, it's nearly impossible to help with what little information has been provided, we can only conjecture as to what the issue might be.

In my experience, the good/bad quality is input into the status word to be shifted at the start. Then the status word is shifted, the next station checks to see if it should work, and if it should, then it performs its function and updates the bit in the status word (using a one-shot) then, the status word is shifted, etc., etc.