Red Lion Crimson3 emulator

SaDupp

I tried to update the emulateur with my USB cable on the Master CSMSTRGT whos connected on a CSDIO14 and he says Emulator not supported with this model. I'm using Vista 32 bits. I'm new with all those plc things i'm an industriel engineer student and i have a project in a rebar factory. I want to know when a machine (SHEAR) is running and when it isnt. So when i arrive here the master and the csdio14 was already installed. Any tips will be appreciate.

thanks

If you are working with real hardware, then you do not want to download/update the emulator, for it exists only in your PC ram. And, I am not familiar with your hardware, perhaps it cannot be emulated?

Under Link, Options, You want to pick the USB cable after unticking the "Send to emulator" tickbox at the bottom.

Further research tells me that the Modular Controller is not supported in the emulator, so you will have to do your testing with the real controller. See above to set up the link options.

As for programming the unit, if you can post your work (zip it first) I am curious and others with experience using that series of controller will be able to help you succeed. Now what are you going to do with that true/false running status?

Thanks, My true/false running status is supposed to start a timer with my program

If Input1
timer1 = true
else
timer1 = false

i have 3 input( 2 conveyors and a shear)

and after ill try to get the excel file with my tags ValueTimer1,2,3

Its supposed to be simple but its the first time im using crimson so i read a lot of thread to learn about the software