SLC5/05 1746-OA16 output card need to be configured?

MartyMaucher

In RSLogix 500, IO Configuration, I can open the editor for the 1746-OA16 card as shown in the pic below. However, the Configure button is greyed out, so does that mean the channels do not have to be individually enabled?

The problem I see is that O:3/5 correctly turns on, but O:3/0 does not.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
MM

ConfigureOA.PNG OutputBitNotOn.jpg

Attachments

• UK Research.zip
    52.2 KB · Views: 5
I would start by cross reference the O:3/0 bit isn't being controlled somewhere else. Right click it and find all.

you have rungs in ladder 12 and 13 potentially writing a 0 to o:3/0

Last edited:
aha..... maybe that's something I don't understand about PLCs.....
Can 2 rungs write to the same output?

|------]A[--------(Out1)---|
|------]B[--------(Out1)---|

To me, it looks like a simple OR condition. IF A OR B THEN Out1=1

aha..... maybe that's something I don't understand about PLCs.....
Can 2 rungs write to the same output?

|------]A[--------(Out1)---|
|------]B[--------(Out1)---|

To me, it looks like a simple OR condition. IF A OR B THEN Out1=1

Yes two diff rungs can write to the same output and in 500 the last rung wins. So if A is true and B is false then a 0 is written and vice versa. you can even write to an input.......
If you wanna check out some interesting experiments with that concept look up ron beaufort, he has some great vids that will not only blow your mind but help you wrap your head around what is going on in the PLC.

Cool, thanks for the quick help. I combined 3 files into 1 and made it like this, and it works great:

|------]A[-----+--(Out1)---|
|
|------]B[-----+

MM

Last edited: