Panelview plus 1250

lifetech

Hi Folks
I have a Panelview Plus 1250, 2711p-t12c4a8. This PV has an app loaded in it and it starts up at power up.
I need to use this PV for a different project and I cannot access the config screen to assign an IP address.
The manual tell me to press the white square at the bottom left corner as it is booting up but there is no white square while it boots.
Ideally, I would like to restore the factory defaults to this PV.
Any suggestions??

As always,
Thanks!

Hi Folks
I have a Panelview Plus 1250, 2711p-t12c4a8. This PV has an app loaded in it and it starts up at power up.
I need to use this PV for a different project and I cannot access the config screen to assign an IP address.
The manual tell me to press the white square at the bottom left corner as it is booting up but there is no white square while it boots.
Ideally, I would like to restore the factory defaults to this PV.
Any suggestions??

As always,
Thanks!

That's odd that you don't see the white square. It should appear at bottom left right after the bootloader runs.

In any case, you can download a new application to internal storage using Transfer Utility. Just make sure the new application has a goto configure button. Once it reboots, you can go to configure screen, do what you need to do, and then re-open original application (although I would add a configure button somewhere before loading the app again!)

Hope this helps.

Dustin

🍻

It is possible that the unit has early firmware before they added the little white square, and I think you can disable it within the running application.

There is a lengthy thread on how to access a PV+ various ways and I think one of the best I read about was a usb keyboard and pressing three or four certain keys all at once...

here is a short one:
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=60179

Hi Folks
I have a Panelview Plus 1250, 2711p-t12c4a8.

It is possible that the unit has early firmware before they added the little white square, and I think you can disable it within the running application.

OkiePC you were on the right track just going in the wrong direction :)

He actually has a very new PanelView a PV Plus 6 1250 with either firmware 6.xx or 7.xx. You can tell this by the a8 at the end. A for AC and 8 for Standard Features, where as D would be for DC and 9 for extended features. The older PV Plus units had low numbers (1 and 2 i believe) for this.

Unfortunately in PV Plus 6 units there is no Little white square to access the Configuration Menu, you will need to use the buttons in the back to reset the PanelView and I believe most likely loose the aplication that is on the PV. I dont have a PV infront of me know to tell you the exact procedure, but I believe its something along the lines of secure the reset button when you are starting the PV and that will boot into the boot menu and from there, there is a way to access the Configuration Menu.

Hope this helps.
Ian

I have tried all of the suggestions and I am still "stuck"
I can get into a maintenance menu by pressing the default button, but there is no provision there to access the config screen.
There in no IP address set, so without the config screen, I cant use enet.
I am unable to see this PV in linx through the serial port also, so now I cant load a program that does not start application at start up.
I am basically locked out of this thing. I have also tried the keyboard "trick" in the other thread with no results.
Any other suggestions?

Thanks

I have tried all of the suggestions and I am still "stuck"
I can get into a maintenance menu by pressing the default button, but there is no provision there to access the config screen.
There in no IP address set, so without the config screen, I cant use enet.
I am unable to see this PV in linx through the serial port also, so now I cant load a program that does not start application at start up.
I am basically locked out of this thing. I have also tried the keyboard "trick" in the other thread with no results.
Any other suggestions?

Thanks

I believe you have to boot into safe mode which is an option.

Try this:
Create a text file using Notepad and save as autorun.bat. Within the text file copy the following:

@echo off
cd \application data\rockwell software\rsviewme\Runtime
copy "\application data\rockwell software\rsviewme\Runtime\*.*" "\USB Storage\"
echo The process is complete.

Copy the autorun.bat file to the root directory of the USB drive.
Insert this into the PanelView Plus 6 and allow the batch file to execute.
If it does not execute, reboot the PanelView Plus 6 with the card in place.

Let me know if this works.

James

If that works, then run this script, to delete all MER files. Then when you reboot there is no application to start so it should go to the config screen:

@echo off

REM *** THIS FILE MUST BE NAMED autorun.bat FOR THIS TO WORK ***

REM Changes to the runtime directory
cd \application data\rockwell software\rsviewme\runtime

REM Deletes all the MER files from the runtime directory
del *.mer /f /q

echo The process is complete

James