Communicating 2 peripheral devices

theripley

I need to communicate 2 peripheral devices which I am not sure if they supported each other. Please help me determine if this is possible or not.

Scenario:
There are 30 assembly machines in one line. Each machine has a pro-face LT3300T1-D24-K (an all-in-one HMI-controller package). Each HMI is connected to their LAN.

What they want:
They wanted to put an icon panel (see attached file) that will show the accumulated products finished by 30 machines. Please refer to the attached file for the system architecture that I made.

I am not sure if the Pro-face HMI can communicate with the icon panel. Icon panel is not part on the listed compatible devices in the Pro-face's website. However, on the pro-face's reference manual I have found a procedure on its communication with an unsupported device (see attached file). I am not quiet sure yet if this is the solution that I am looking for.

My question:
Is it possible to communicate this two devices?
How can I check that it is indeed possible?

Please help.

icon0709-0000_irde_Page_1.jpg system architecture.jpg

Attachments

• Unsupported device.pdf
    244.7 KB · Views: 13