Missing Ladders on SLC 5/03

mjdolan25

Hello,
I'm new to the world of PLC's (learning as i go). I've got a piece of equipment controlled by an SLC 5/03 that for some reason seems to be hiding parts of the program. The ladders are numbered 2-7 then they skip all the way up to 47 and continue to 70. None of the ladders that i can find have any references to outputs and there are references to subroutines that i cant find. However the PLC is blinking O:7 which is a fault light for the machine.

How can the PLC be blinking 0:7 if there is no reference to it in the program or am i somehow not seeing all of the program?

Ladder files do not have to be numbered sequentially, file numbers can be skipped, so that doesn't necessarily mean that some ladders are missing.

If we can see the file we can help. On your computer right click your program file icon and select send to compressed folder. This will zip your file. Then you can attach the compressed file to a post.

blinking O:7

That is not a complete address. Where are you seeing this, what are you looking at?

Outputs are being controlled in ladder 4 by way of a copy and move instructions.

Do you have the offline file with descriptions/documentation? You are going to have a hard time following the program without them.

outputcontrol.png

Last edited:
O:3.0/7 appears to be a blinking/solid output controlled in Ladder 7 Rung 7. This may be what he is referring to.

there are references to subroutines that i cant find

All JSRs refer to valid subroutines

Last edited:
As TConnolly mentioned, the Program File numbers can be skipped. Here you can see what you actually have, and you can see those files are indeed being skipped.

As Bernie mentions, look to Program File 7 and Rung 7. Start troubleshooting from there.

OG

ProgramFiles.JPG