GE QuickPanel +

Proficy Machine Edition. It will need to be a recent enough version to include the Quick Panel Plus.
PME uses a common database for both PLC and HMI targets within the same project, so you will need a license for "View" if the Quick Panel Plus is just going to communicate with a PLC. If the PLC is a GE product and you want the PLC's program to be part of the same project as the QP+ you will need your Proficy Machine Edition installation to be licensed for Logic Developer PLC in addition to View.
The previous is from personal experience. Now I'm getting into speculation. If you plan to run the logic program on the QP+ you will probably need a license for Logic Developer PC instead of Logic Developer PLC.
When Russ sees this thread he will probably be able to tell you exactly which version you will need to be at and to confirm or correct what I said.

Awesome. Do you happen to know how well the older software Cimplicity Machine Edition View compares with Proficy Machine Edition. I cant seem to find a trial version on PME anywhere. I will be using it over an Ethernet connection to an AB plc.

You will need PME version 8.00 with the latest SIM, but I STRONGLY recommend going with the latest version (today PME 8.50).
As you do not need the PLC logic portion ask to be quoted the equivalent of IC646CSCEMK. You should be able to get that from your distributor or rep. http://support.ge-ip.com/support/index?page=spage&id=ST6&locale=en-US&perpage=25&locale=en_US

Also verify that the Communications driver needed to talk to your AB device is supported, some of the older ones like RIO, DH+, DH485 are not supported on the QP+. You should be good with an Ethernet connection.
The latest version of PME, is very similar to the older CME just does more and in most cases faster.
It does not run on Windows XP, and the View Module does not run on Win 8 so you are forced to Windows 7 Pro or better.
Currently there is no place to Download it unless you have a current GlobalCare Account and use SalesForceDotCom and the new "Advantage" licensing system with GEIP. Your friendly distributor should have no trouble getting you a demo DVD.

What is the difference between Logic Developer PC and Logic Developer PLC???
LD PC will let you build logic to run on a PC. LD PLC will let you build logic to run in a PLC or PAC.
All of the PLCs and PACs use LD PLC, The QuickPanel Control, QP Plus and PCs (PC Control) use LD PC.

They are similar but for some "Strange" reason GEIP does not have a way of converting from one to the other. :eek:

FYI, LD PC is the old software purchased from Taylor Soft a couple of decades ago IIRC. 🔨

Thanks for all your help guys. GE tech support is not the most informed and they don't have a whole lot of info available it seems.
Like any "Tech Support" team if you ask the "right" person the "right" question you will get the "right" answer, if not??? YMMV. :confused: