MSG between compact Logix &ML1400

alijuda

Dear Friends
I needs to send & Received data between 1 Compact logix L32E and 10 ML1400
Did I can do this by putting messages instruction in the compactlogix side only by made array tags PLC/SLC and put the required mentoring tags for each ML1400 controller

or I needs to do same things in each ML1400 controller

Waiting Kindly reply
Best Regards
Ali:site::site:

All of your MSG instructions can be handled in the CompactLogix. Nothing will need to be added to the MicroLogix as long as the data locations that you will read and write to already exist there. If they do note yet exist, you will need to add them to each MicroLogix.

I've done Messaging Instructions between an L32/35E and an 1100, so it should work between a L32E and 1400 from the CompactLogix side.

One thing to watch is to make sure you're transmitting data in the same format. If your tag in the CompactLogix is a DINT data type, make sure it corresponds to an L (Long) address in the Micrologix. Either that or be sure to use a SINT data type in the CompactLogix.

Dear All
Many thanks , I planning to use 1769-L33E which support 32 CIP an and TCP/IP connection
I will use L32E to made some interlock protection function , and mentoring 12 integer state in each ml1400
did compactlogix will checking the ML1400 integer state in each scan time ?
best regards
Ali

You will need INT[xx} type tags in the CompactLogix to read from and write to N tables in the MicroLogix.

Be sure to use the SLC Typed Read and SLC Typed Write MSG types as required.