How to use a COP instruction in RSLogix5000

ksa858

I think this may be posted on here twice. My mistake, I'm still learning.
Attached are two rungs of logic that were written in RSLogix 500. After the first scan the high speed counter config word is moved and the high speed counter is enabled as I understand it. This was a 1746-HSCE counter. This program has been converted to RSLogix 5000 and now a 1769-HSC high speed counter is being used in a CompactLogix System> My question is what is the equivalent instruction used in the 1769-HSC to replace the #M0:1.0 instruction that was used in the Dest box?

High Speed Counter.jpg

Looking at the 1769-HSC High Speed Counter Module User Manual, it appears that no Enable command is necessary. It is ON if the power is on and the "OK" LED is solid Green.

If the OK LED is solid red or amber, that indicates a hardware error. Flashing red indicates a recoverable fault.

Flashing Green indicates the module is either in Program Mode or Fault Mode.

The configuration word must be carefully selected to set up the counter for the operational mode that you need.

Last edited:
Back in the day, your PLC would boot up, then scan through your program. You could indicate "First Scan" or "Not First Scan."
The "First Scan" was intended to ZERO registers, reset BITS, and SETUP INTELLIGENT CARDS (Analogs, HSC...)

Now, with RSLogix5000, you can signify a "Boot Program" (Power-Up Handler) that will run before any other programs run. Accomplishes the same thing.

Also now, you just set up the card from inside RSLogix5000.
Under Controller Organizer -> I/O Configuration ->
-- Backplane
---- HSC
-----> Double Click, will open the setup dialog.

All those rungs were doing, were telling the card "You should convert using a single pulse train" or "Convert using A/B signal together", etc.
The original programmer set up N9[0] to hold all of these settings to then COPy to #M0:1.0 (Machine address for where the HSCE card was located)
COP is basically an expanded version of MOV. Just move 42 DINTs simultaneously, so you don't need to write 42 MOV commands.

Read the data that was stored in N9[0] manually, read the manual for 1746-HSCE to find what the buffer memory meant for each DINT, then manually match that data to your new 1769-HSC using the above procedure.

Last edited: