RedLion G310 and BacNet

RRRogerrrS

First Post here. I am an old hand with PLCs but new to the G3 and new to BacNet.

I have a RedLion G310 HMI talking to a AB CompactLogix PLC. It works fine. All the PLC tags are referenced by an L5K file in the G3. It works fine.

In the HMI, the PLC tags can be referenced directly by L5K tag or by building a G3 tag that then references the L5K tag. The G3 tag carries a load of properties that help when creating a button ( turn blue if value =1) etc.

The HMI is sharing a bunch of registers with the main building. The customer requires BacNet communications for this. Some of these registers can be written to at either the HMI or main building. The BacNet read/write blocks can reference EITHER the indirect G3 tag OR the direct L5K tag. Are there any strong reasons to use one or the other?

I would love to hear from anyone with the voice of experience on the G3

I found one answer to this question.
On this unit, when I reference the indirect G3 tag - the tag address ( like BI_PUMP_RUN_STATUS) can be read as part of the tag name by the BacNet Master. When I reference the direct L5K tag the BacNet Master sees only a sequential name like BI00093.