Generic 7" Panel Windows Embedded CE 6.0

sjohnson

Lifetime Supporting Member
Good Friday. I have a Generic Panel 7" that Runs on Windows Embedded CE 6.0 I am curious if there is an HMI Software that I could use with this. I tried the Indusoft Web studio but I get an error that Indusoft web studio 7.1 is newer than the CE View 1.0 so I cannot get it to run don't see any way to update the CE View. So im looking to see if there is any compatible software I can use with this. Thanks

Indusoft should run on that no problem and would be a great fit.

It appears the Panel PC has an old version of CEView that was on it and you haven't updated it.

The latest verion of CEServer can be found in your Indusoft Programs folder.
Usually in your Program Files\Indusoft WebStudio v7.1\Redist\ WinCE 6.0\

Select the processor to match your Panel PC and navigate to the \Bin folder.

Copy the CEServer.exe in that folder to your Panel PC and execute it.
You should then be able to connect with the Remote Management Tool and update the system files.

Have you contacted Indusoft support? I'm sure they can help you get it working.

Thanks for the Reply. For whatever reason I had to use the CE SERVER on the CE 5.0 and ARM folder for it to launch. the one in the Program Files\Indusoft WebStudio v7.1\Redist\ WinCE 6.0\ would not work when I tried to update system files it downloaded a load of files then there was no room for application. I did contact them today but waiting for a response. It seems that it could work if I could work through this error.. was just searching if anyone has used a third party panel with CE 6.0 I know maple systems use CE but it looks for a particular panel for downloading. Since it was a new panel that was a mistake I thought I would try to put it to use.

Just some thoughts...

Do you actually know what processor is in the panel?

And you mention there wasn't enough room for the application after the System Files were installed. That may be your main problem. Do you know how much available memory there is? Can you delete anything else on the panel to make room?

If you emailed Indusoft Support it may be a day or so till they get back to you. The Chat from the website is a great option for faster support.

This has the ARM1176JZF Processor 229068 KB Ram and 114532 allocated 85792 in use. Doesn't seem like a whole lot..