need some help with my homework on Omron PLC

terence8

I have an assignment where I have to power up the motor for 1min and off it for 1min and it goes on and on until i toggle the stop button. I manage to do 1 cycle but it just cut off in between. Any help is much appreciated

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:
A couple of problems here.

1. Your Stop/Stop logic does not seal in so after one cycle it turns itself off. Only turn off the motor using your timer bits. Use the W20.02 Start Light bit for your Start/Stop seal logic.

2. W12.00 turns on after T0 times out but it keeps itself turned on with no way to go off. Add something in this rung to reset T1 or get rid of the W12.00 bit. Maybe use T0 bit to start T1 and then use T1 bit to reset T0. This would keep cycling.

You are very close to this working. See if you can get the rest of it.

Try something like the attached picture. You need to use Input addresses (maybe 0.00 and 0.01) for your STOP and START, and Output address 1.00 for your Motor.

Set timer T001 equal to the sum of your ON time and OFF time, then use comaparison instrucitons to control the time that the motor is ON. The motor will go OFF when it is not ON, if you do not use a Set coil.

Motor Cycler- Terence8.JPG

thank you Jerry. I guess now the problem is with the Relay (R) where it cannot be reset after the Second timer tick to 0. But i would need to Relay to hold the Second timer or not it wouldnt function and also to cut off the circuit from the top

Thank you Lancie, your method is a lil too complicated for me as my requirement is only require to use 2 simple Timer to function the motor, No comparison is need. Any suggestion for addition or placing of Relay that i can reset it for it to be cyclic?

thank you osmanmom, I don't quite understand your first line, could you please enlighten me as I am still a newbie in PLC.

Thank you Lancie, your method is a lil too complicated for me as my requirement is only require to use 2 simple Timer to function the motor, No comparison is need.
Sorry, I misunderstood where you said:
"I have to power up the motor for 1min and off it for 1min and it goes on and on until i toggle the stop button." That is what you can do with ONE timer. Now you did not mention HOW MANY timers you have to use.

If you MUST use 2 timers, then do it like Osmanmom shows. Call the first timer "MOTOR ON Timer" and the 2nd Timer "MOTOR OFF Timer". Place a --|/|-- T001 contact in the blank spot on Rung 2 (to reset both timers). Place a --| |-- T000 contact in the blank spot on Rung 3 (to start Timer T001. Place a --|/|-- T000 in the blank spot on Rung 4 to turn on the motor. Now it should cycle until you press STOP.

Last edited:
Thanks Lancie.! it works.! woot..but there are something wrong in rung 1 i guess..is the start and stop misplace?

Check your STOP pushbutton. A common error is to make it a Normally Open physical contact. It should be a normally closed physical button feeding a NO PLC instruction. You will need to simulate the switches if you do not have actual switches wired in place.

Last edited: