Panelview Plus 1000, Unknown password screen

Phaze3

Last night I had two unrelated (PV+ 1000 on DH+(RIO), and PV+ 1000 on Ethernet) systems show the same screen that I have never seen before.

The screen was blank with only two button options: 'Run Application' and 'Password' with an area for a password entry (presumably). Ultimately, the 'Run Application' was selected on both PVs and the application ran without issue.

Interesting note, a third PV+(ethernet) that is on the same ethernet system as the other ethernet PV+ was not effected.

Also note, I have over 30 PV+ in the plant, and over 100 old PV1000e. No other PVs were effected by this.

Because the DH+ version of the PV+ was not running the application, it caused a rack fault in the PLC-5 that interrupted machine function and created a substantial loss of production. Hence, as the automation engineer, I am investigating and must report on the downtime loss.

I have contacted our Tech Support from AB, but they haven't heard of a screen like that before, unless it was part of the user program...but the user program was not running.

Has anyone else seen this before? Could it have been a user acessable screen? The two PVs that were effected were 20ft from each other on two different systems that are only connected via hardwire interlock, they have seperate power supplies and seperate PLCs (one is a PLC-5 and the other is a GuardLogix). :unsure:

Last edited: