Fx3 cpu

Gattoo

Hello Please can someone give me some advise. I am trying to interface a Bar-code Scanner with a Mitsubishi FX3U CPU via the serial port. I have never done this and would appreciate some guidance.

Hi Gattoo

What serial port is it?
Have you installed the FX3U-232-BD (onboard) or FX3U-232ADP (left side)?

I have not try it myself, but I would go and try the "RS" or "RS2" function provided in the PLC

Look in the manual JY997D16601 - "FX3G/FX3U/FX3UC Series Programmable
Controllers - Programming Manual - Basic & Applied Instruction
Edition"

Best regards
/Dariusch

Hi again,

I found this manual where there are example how to communicate with a Printer, bar code scanner etc.

http://www.beijer.dk/web/web_dk_be_dk.nsf/docsbycodename/filearchive?OpenDocument&mylink=/web/BexFilePileAUT.nsf/fm.be.searchframe?Openform&Lang=DK&DocID=FEA066A946FC4C7CC125728E005AB73D

Manual = JY997D16901 "FX Series Programmable Controllers - User's Manual [Data Communication Edition]"

Look at chapter "F. Non-Protocol Communication (RS/RS2 Instruction)"
This will get you startet.

/Dariusch