beckhoff BK 2000 / BK2020

wim sidmar

A beckhoff BK2000 lightbus card goes into I/O error. (red LED)
After a system reset the error is gone, but after some time it returns.

We replaced the BK2000 with a new card (BK2020).
The red LED was gone, but after a few seconds an other fault appears.

System manager => K-bus overrun ??

In the machine, there are more BK2000 cards.
We replaced our BK2020 card on a other place in the system with a BK2000.

The K-bus overrun error is gone.
BUT ! the red LED with I/O error appears again ????

does anyone has a idea or experiance ....

wim

In the documentation there are some things to consider:

1. K-BUS Overrun has no function at BK2000.
2. When a error led blinks it usually does it using a speed code: rapid flashing means start of the error code, first slow sequence is the type of error and second slow sequence is the location of the error.

See page 15 of this manual: http://download.beckhoff.com/download/Document/BusTermi/BCoupler/BK2000en.pdf

After that you should come with the diagnostic and probably somebody will be able to help you...

Good luck!

joan,

thanks for the reply.

1) yes, with Bk2000 the k-bus overrun has no function but
i cant find an explanation when the fault occurs with a
bk2020 card ?
So does anyone know what an K-bus overrun means?

2) the LED blink's continuous at the same speed, not like in
the manual at a certain speed to make a diagnostic.

grtz wim

As far as I have understood this problem happens after a while working...

Could it be that you would have not make the system manager images correctly or that you would have more bits assigned than the defined space available?

Do you have any overflow in any variable that is related to the KBUS?

The best bet probably would be calling Beckhoff directly to get proper technical support...

Good luck!

search in the program for %I and %Q, all addresses used here should be within the used ones.
especcially when using pointers this can be tricky.
have a look at function blocks used (on a lot of i/o cards you set the address on the function block.