Download to red lion G308 via serial port.

DLMUK

Hi,

I am going to try and download a database to a G308 via the serial port.

Reading the Crimson 3.0 manual I cannot find anything about port settings. I know the baud rate for a PAX meter on C2 was 38400 but does any know if this is the case for C3 and a G308?

I cannot use the ethernet or USB option as the current database has corrupted.

Thanks

usually the default Baud rate is 9600 - not sure about Bit / parity
the PAX is rs485 if my memory is right

usually the default Baud rate is 9600 - not sure about Bit / parity
the PAX is rs485 if my memory is right

PAX is 232/485/usb depending on the option card you put in it. Baud rate is 9600 as default for 485/232 comms.

I'm just not sure that the baud rate is 9600 for 232 when uploading a database.

Cheers,

this is the Red Lion default setup for PAX modules
:confused: if it has been changed

default for PAX.GIF

My understanding is that with a G308 and Crimson 3 the Crimson software will do the baud rate behind the scenes and you never have to worry about it. Just figuring out the right COM port on the computer.