2 PanelView Plus 1000's

usmcmcc

I need to have one HMI in the room with our machine and another HMI outside the room. Do I communicate between these two HMI's simply thru the eternet ports? And will they work in conjunction with each other?
In otherwords, if you push a pushbutton on the outside HMI will the inside HMI pushbutton display the change also?
Both HMI's will have the same runtime program.

It's going to be application-dependent.

In general, PV+ terminals do not communicate with one another, but rather communicate with controllers over the network.

If the application was built with multiple terminals in mind, it might work smoothly.

But I would expect some features like toggles and multistate indicators or global data connections to conflict in some way.

Thank You Ken,
All HMI controls are global and all are indicated from the AB CompactLogix plc tag database.
I think this might just work.

Thanks again,
Mike

It will work with out much fuss. The only issue is with the alarm display. Just allow for it in your program
A plant I work at has 3 HMIs to one PLC via e/net.